Economics Program Job Posting
The School of Public Policy at Oregon State University invites applications for two faculty positions beginning September 16, 2013 at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level in the Economics Program. Applicants with specialization in international economics, public economics, labor economics, and/or behavioral economics are sought. Those with more than one of these fields or a secondary field in macroeconomics or law and economics are preferred. Exceptional candidates at the Associate or Full Professor levels in other fields will be considered. Candidates at the Assistant Professor level should expect to receive their Ph.D. in economics or a related field by September 2013. We seek candidates who can demonstrate high quality teaching and scholarship. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. For complete position details and application instructions go to http://oregonstate.edu/jobs/#0009573. Closing date for full consideration is December 1, 2012. OSU is an AA/EOE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I apply?
A. Go to https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp and search using the posting number for the position to which you wish to apply. When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) Resume/CV that includes the names of three professional references, their e-mails, and telephone numbers
2) A cover letter describing your experience, qualifications and interest in the position (upload as Cover Letter)
3) Evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as course syllabi or course evaluation (upload as Optional "Other Document")
4) One sample of your writing (upload as Optional "Other Document" if less than 5.0 MB OR email to email@example.com )
5) Graduate transcripts (for recent PhDs)
6) In addition candidates should arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent electronically as pdf files to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Hiring Manager, Department of Economics Oregon State University, 303 Ballard Extension Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331-3261
Q. Can I mail all of my application materials instead of applying online?
A. Sorry, no. Oregon State University requires electronic application.
Q. Are you accepting late applications?
A. Application review will begin December 1, 2012. For full consideration, application needs to be submitted by December 1, 2012.
Q. The electronic application does not provide enough “other document” options for my materials. How should I go about submitting the remaining items to you?
A. Anything that you have difficulty uploading, in addition to the three letters of recommendation, should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to Hiring Manager, Department of Economics Oregon State University, 303 Ballard Extension Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331-3261
Q. I qualify for more than one posting. Do I need to apply to both?
A. We can only consider you for the posting(s) to which you have applied. You should apply to each posting for which you wish to be considered.
Q. Should I have reference letters sent for each posting?
A. Only one set of reference letters, please.
Q. Is an unofficial graduate transcript acceptable or do you require official transcripts?
A. An unofficial transcript will suffice.
Q. If I have questions, whom should I contact?
A. Questions about this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .